A Name Change is a Special Proceeding that is heard by an Assistant Clerk in our Civil Division in Room 243 of the Forsyth County Hall of Justice. These hearings are by appointment only. Please call 336-779-6303 to make an appointment with an Assistant Clerk for your petition to be reviewed. If your paperwork is in order, the name change may be completed during the appointment. Please allow one (1) hour for the name changing hearing. There is a $120.00 filing fee for a name change.

There are NO official Judicial Branch forms for adult or minor name changes. The forms in those sections of the website are examples and are for REFERENCE ONLY. There is an official form only for resuming a former name.

Hits: 446